New visiting rules due to Covid-19
We’ve changed the visiting times and the rules for visits. This is because we want to protect the people in our hospital from Covid-19. If only a few people visit the hospital at the same time, the risk of spreading the virus will be small. We welcome visitors at the main entrance to make sure everyone can have a safe visit.
Before your visit:
- If you have a cold or a fever, you are not allowed to visit.
- You must wear a face mask when you visit our hospital. You can get a face mask from the central hall, or you can use your own mask. If you visit a patient who has coronavirus, we will give you extra protection.
- You can only visit people on the wards. The patient and the visitor are not allowed to sit outside the building or in the central hall.
- The patient is allowed to have one visitor per visiting hour.
- Each visitor is allowed to bring one child below the age of 16.
- Visitors are not allowed to swap places during the visiting hour.
Different wards have different visiting times. We do this so that visits are spread out during the day. In some cases, you can make your own visiting arrangements with the staff on the ward. You can make your own arrangements if you are:
- A relative of a patient who has a terminal illness.
- The parent of a newborn baby.
- The parent of a child who’s staying in our hospital.
Please visit Aangepaste bezoekregels | Diakonessenhuis (in Dutch) for the current visiting hours.
Shop and restaurant
Utrecht and Zeist:
- In Utrecht and Zeist, you can buy food and drink from Brasserie 1844 in the central hall.
Opening times: Monday to Friday, from 9:00 to 15:30.
You can’t sit down to eat there at the moment, because of the coronavirus. But you can still buy food and drink from Brasserie 1844 to take with you. There are special ‘to go’ products in takeaway bags.
You can also buy magazines, toiletries (like toothpaste and soap) and newspapers.
- The outpatient clinic in Doorn doesn’t have a restaurant.